We understand how sometimes the gun you have been waiting for has not become available at auction. If you purchase a gun from another online seller, dealer, or auction we can handle the transfer of the firearm. We CANNOT accept any firearm that is considered an Assault Weapon in California, if you need to ask the answer is likely no. We also DO NOT accept transfers on AR or AK type rifles. We are not that kind of shop.
Transfers are reserved for customers familiar with the California Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale and the Exemptions. We are naturally an extremely helpful shop, but we simply do not have the time to hold your hand through the process of purchasing a gun from someone else.
We prefer to have you forward one of our office managers on the email with the invoice. This gives us access to the sellers email to forward our FFL and we have a copy of the receipt for the purchase price to charge appropriate sales tax.
Some Quick Points
- If the firearm being shipped to us is a handgun: it must be on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/ , Single Action Only, or at least 50 years old (classified as a Curio & Relic “C&R.”), or on the C&R LIst
- If it’s a long gun, please be sure it is California Legal/Compliant. NO AR or AK type rifles (including stripped lowers)
- Forward the invoice to an office manager here so we can contact the shipper and provide a copy of our FFL
- The Transfer Fee for the first transfer is $75.00, + CA Sales Tax on the sale price of the firearm, & $25.00 DROS fee. Each transfer after that will be $55.00 each + Tax & DROS fee.
- Please have the seller/shipper include an invoice in the package & bring Cash for all fees.
- Track your gun to our shop
- Give us a full day from receipt to process paperwork on the transfer, DO NOT come in the same day it arrives.